Dental Implants Cost
Dental Implants are often required by people for a number of reasons such as missing tooth or support for dentures. However, Dental implants cost is a major deterrent for people who intend to go for dental implants. Dental implants have revolutionized the way dentists replace missing teeth, yet it’s not available and affordable to all.
Dental implants cost is variable figure which has a wide range depending on a number of factors and the best possible way to estimate the cost of an implant is to ask for an estimate from the provider you intend to get the implant done from.
The average cost of a single dental implant ranges approximately between $1,000 to $3,000. Needless to say, more the number of implants, more will be the cost. Full mouth reconstruction by dental implants can cost $25,000 to $50,000 or even more.
Factors affecting cost of dental implants
There are various factors that affect the cost of the dental implants. They are:
- Country: Cost can range dramatically in different countries. Usually, dental implant cost in western countries is a lot higher compared to others. Countries like India, Philippines are hubs for low cost dental treatment. Often, people plan trips to such countries in order to reduce the cost of their dental treatment-a concept known as dental tourism.
- Number of Implants: Dental Implant cost increases with the number of implants.
- Bone Augmentation procedures: When bone is not thick enough to accommodate dental implants, surgical procedures are required.
- Material of the implant: The tooth portion of the implant can be made up of different materials and the cost of the implant is affected accordingly Branded ones from standard companies tend to cost more than non-branded ones.
- Expertise of the dentist: A dentist well trained in implantology, with years of experience and successful cases tend to charge a lot more than a dentist at the beginning of his career.
Tips to reduce dental implants cost
- Dental insurance can take care of most of the cost of dental implant. But, make sure your insurance plan covers dental implant as they are often considered by the insurance companies as a cosmetic procedure and is not covered,
- Dental tourism is also a great way to reduce the cost of the implant and combine it with a vacation.
Do not fall for advertisements claiming to provide you free dental implants. Although they don’t charge you for the actual implant, but they add in additional charges which make up for the cost and you end up paying just the same. Very few of these are genuine which cover a major portion of the cost.